INFORMATION ABOUT US
yoursay.eonenergy.com is a site operated by Verve Partners Limited and E.ON (“we or “us”). Our company information is set out below.
Place of registration
England & Wales
England & Wales
Company registration number
The Clove Building, 4 Maguire Street, London, SE1 2NQ
Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry CV4 8LG
Principal place of business
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to Our Site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on Our Site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, for YourSay members.
As a registered member of YourSay, you will be given a display name (first name_last name). You can change this display name to something else by editing your profile. If you would prefer any comments you provide not to identify you to other YourSay members, please choose a made up name.
When using Our Site, you must comply with the provisions of our
Acceptable Use Policy.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and that they comply with them.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and the material published on it. All such rights are reserved.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without our prior written consent.
By submitting your comments, photos and videos you agree that we are able to use these in company presentations and reports, or in YourSay newsletters and on the YourSay website, though we will not disclose any of your personal contact details in doing so.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update Our Site regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to Our Site or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on Our Site may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that the website is properly functioning at all times, we do not warrant that this website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free, that defects will be corrected or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of software viruses or bugs or other defects. You accept that this website is offered on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantee, representation or warranty as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude to the fullest extent permissible:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
We make no representations or give any warranty of any kind with respect to Our Site or its contents and disclaim all warranties and representations, except where fraudulently made to the fullest extent permissible under English law.
We will not be liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through Our Site.
We will not be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with your usage of Our Site, except for those losses which are a foreseeable consequence of our negligence. We are not liable for any other losses including without limitation, compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of data, income or profit, loss or damage to property and claims of third parties or any business loss.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
We process information about you in accordance with our
UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material such as ideas, opinions, suggestions, mini-polls, surveys, videos, pictures or anything else (the “Material”) to Our Site, or to make contact with other members of the YourSay community, you must comply with the content standards set out in our
Acceptable Use Policy.
Any material you upload to Our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, create derivative works from, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. By submitting Material to this website you warrant that you have the right to make it available to us, the Material is not defamatory and the Material does not infringe any law or rights or interests of any 3rd party in any country of the world, in particular, that the Material does not plagiarise or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secret, privacy, personal publicity or proprietary rights in accordance with our
Acceptable Use Policy. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to Our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of Our Site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on Our Site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our
Acceptable Use Policy.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where Our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
These terms and your use of this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
Those persons outside England and Wales who choose to use or access this website from their own jurisdiction do so at their own risk and on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws to the extent any local laws are applicable.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact the YourSay Community Manager at
E.ON ONLINE CUSTOMER PANEL - WEBSITE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website at
yoursay.eonenergy.com. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to Our Site.
Your use of Our Site means that you accept and agree to abide by all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our
You may use Our Site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use Our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored
- any software used in the provision of our site or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms
- Bulletin boards
- Focus groups
- Photo and video upload functions
- Access to videos and photos from other people and /or websites.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on Our Site and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
GENERAL COMPETITION AND PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these General Competition and Prize Draw Terms and Conditions carefully. By entering an E.ON competition or prize draw you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below:
- Promoter: E.ON UK, Newstead Court, Little Oak Drive, Annesley, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom, NG15 0DR.
- The competition / prize draw is open to residents of the UK and Eire only. Employees of the Promoter, its Group companies (as defined by s1159 of the Companies Act 2006) or their families, agencies or anyone else directly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter. No trade, consumer groups or third party applications are acceptable.
- Winners will be contacted within 28 days of the closing date of the competition, which will be stated in the research activity.
- Judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All prizes are non-transferrable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries.
- Entries will become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
- Winners may be required to take part in publicity associated with the competition.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Individual competition terms set out in conjunction with the details of a competition may also apply.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to Our Site (
Contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of Our Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to Our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- A claim being made for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.